- City Water Systems
- Well Water Systems
- Acid Neutralizer Filters
- Arsenic Filters
- Bacteria Disinfection
- Carbon Backwash Filters
- Chlorination Systems
- Filters & Strainers
- Hydrogen Peroxide Systems
- Irrigation Rust Prevention
- Iron & Manganese Filters
- Pro-OX 5900-AIR Iron Filters
- Pro-OX Iron Filters
- Pro-OX 5900e Series
- Pro-OX 7000 Series
- Pro-OX Iron Filter 7500 Series
- Greensand Iron Filters
- Metering Pumps & Parts
- Nitrate Filters
- Odor Systems
- Ozone Systems
- Phosphate Crystal Feeders
- RO High Flow
- RO Under-Sink
- Sediment Backwash Filters
- Soda Ash Systems
- Salt-Free Softeners Scale Stoppers
- Tannin Filters
- Ultraviolet Sterilizers
- Ultra Filtration Systems
- Drinking Water Systems
- Filter Media, Chemicals, Valves & Parts
- Filter Tanks & Housings
- Filter Cartridges
- Travel & Emergency Purifiers
- Water Testing
- Water Quality Programs
- SPECIALS! SAVE BIG $$ On New and Refurbished Softeners & Filter Systems
Pro-OX Iron Filter 5900e 1.0 CF
"This is the best water I have ever had! Every one on a well who has iron should have one!" Louis from Maryland
Choose your options:DOWNLOAD INSTALLATION GUIDE!
Questions? Get a Fast Answer to your water treatment problems, click here!
|Model||Number of Bathrooms in Home||Flow Rate||Backwash Flow Rate||Dimensions|
|0.75 CF||1 - 2||8 GPM||5 GPM||Diameter: 8" Height: 51.5"|
|1.0 CF||1 - 2||10 GPM||7 GPM||Diameter: 9" Height: 55.5"|
|1.5 CF||1 - 2||12 GPM||10 GPM||Diameter: 10" Height: 61.5"|
|2.0 CF||2 - 3||14 GPM||12 GPM||Diameter: 12" Height: 59.5"|
|1.0 CF (Short)||1 - 2||10 GPM||8 GPM||Diameter: 13" Height: 38"|
Flow Rate: Refers to maximum recommended Gallons Per Minute ("GPM") which means how fast the water is flowing. The 1.5 CF model works best for most homes (such as 2 -3 bathroom homes with 2 - 6 persons). However for homes with 2 - 4 persons, the 0.75 or 1.0 CF models work great. Higher flow rates are possible through these systems, this is just meant as a guide or suggested use.
"CF" refers to the amount of filter media blend in cubic feet. A 1.5 CF has 1.5 cubic feet of Pro-OX iron filter media (Pro-OX, Zeolite and filter gravel).
Have Questions? Call 888-600-5426 and speak to one of our certified water treatment technicians for technical help or if you have questions about sizing or flow rates.
Removal Rate: Removes up to 30 PPM iron, 15 PPM manganese, 10 PPM hydrogen sulfide (optional chlorine feed may be needed for extremely bad water).
Iron levels over 5 PPM, or when manganese or other conditions such low pH, high levels of sulfur odor or iron bacteria or tannins, please note that additional treatment such as chlorine, peroxide, or aeration may be needed.
Manganese removal: when manganese is present, we recommend a chlorine feed. A chlorine feed with a contact/retention tank allowing 30 seconds of time after the chlorine has been injected, followed by the Pro-OX filter systems does a GREAT job on removing manganese. A carbon filter can be used after the Pro-OX system to remove any residual chlorine, so you get all the benefits of chlorination without having any chlorine in the house water.
Hydrogen Sulfide Rotten Egg: if hydrogen sulfide is present and the water also contains iron, we recommend an Air-Charger Pro-OX system. If the hydrogen sulfide levels are over 5 PPM, we recommend a chlorine feed, and/or aeration prior to the Pro-OX system. Please contact us for more information if you need assistance.
The Best Iron Filter On the Market! Eliminate Iron in Water. 100% Guaranteed.
Hear What Other Customers Say!
The Smell Has Immediately Disappeared, and the Hardness Seems Significantly Reduced, Thanks!"Josh Hinson: Efland, NC
- Pro-OX Filters are the longest lasting and most powerful system for removing iron, rust and sediment from well water.
- Contains a unique blend of high-purity manganese dioxide (Pro-OX) and naturally mined Zeolite for filtration down to 3 microns for maximum filtration and iron removal.
- Pro-OX Filters include: pipe connectors; by-pass valve; filter gravel, Pro-OX Manganese Dioxide NSF Certified filter media; Zeolite Turbidity Filter media, filter gravel, filter tank; heavy-duty automatic backwash control valve.
- System automatically backwashes based on days (time clock version) OR with the optional Backwash On-Demand Flow Sensor. Reliable heavy-duty 5900e control valve is easier to program than other valves and features an optional built-in flow sensor that tracks water usage and backwashes iron filter based on gallons used, and/or by days of the week!
- Backwash Flow Rate and Quantity: uses 50 - 100 gallons of backwash water 1 to 3 times a week depending on water use. Compared to other iron filters, the Pro-OX filter uses 50% less! Safe for septic tanks.
- Pro-OX Manganese Dioxide is an NSF Certified natural high purity mineral that is used for removing iron, hydrogen sulfide, and manganese from water supplies. Removes up to 30 PPM iron and 15 PPM manganese. Higher levels possible with injecting air, chlorine or hydrogen peroxide ahead of filter. Iron bacteria, hydrogen sulfide and tannins can also be removed, contact us for more details.
- Pro-OX media utilizes an oxidation-reduction reaction and filtration process similar to Greensand, but at a much higher level of performance. It works much better than other solid manganese dioxide iron-filter media due to its higher purity and porosity.
- Pro-OX Manganese Dioxide contains greater than 80% manganese dioxide in an extremely unique cluster format for enhanced performance and maximized capacity.
- Pro-OX Manganese Dioxide generally works better than Greensand or Birm, due to its high purity, superior oxidation/filtration ability. Unlike coated iron filter media such as Greensand or Birm or MTM, Pro-OX lasts for many years and doesn't have a coating to wear off or deteriorate like other iron filter media.
- Note that in some waters aeration, hydrogen peroxide injection or chlorination is used before the iron filter to increase removal rates of iron, manganese and hydrogen sulfide.
- Filter tank is NSF certified one piece seamless polyester construction for long life.
- Max pressure recommended is 100 psi.
- Maximum water temperature recommended 100F.
- Rugged heavy-duty automatic backwash control valve features fully adjustable backwash and rinse cycles saving water and allowing maximized performance.
- Time-tested hydraulically balanced piston seal and spacers provide years of trouble-free service.
- Non-corrosive high-tech material construction.
Use Less Backwash Water and Get Much Longer Life With the Pro-OX Iron Filter!
For over 25 years our well water iron filter systems have been successfully removing iron, iron bacteria, manganese and hydrogen sulfide ("rotten-egg sulfur odor") throughout the U.S. and Canada, and in over 50 countries world wide.
Pro-OX Iron Filters last longer, and are more effective at iron removal than other systems using coated filter media. Other media such as Katalox, Birm, Greensand or MTM all require some type of air injection, air oxidation or chemical feed ahead of the iron filter. For example, a typical air-charger system using Birm, MTM, or Katalox light, requires regeneration every 1 - 2 nights to replenish the air inside the tank. These sysems use a lot of water for backwash.
Our Pro-OX systems use a particularly high grade of natural manganese dioxide. The media is carefully selected from large quantities of ore to get the highest purity, most porous manganese dioxide mineral. The media is more porous and has a higher reactivity for oxidizing iron, compared to other similar media. Unlike other iron filters, such as air-charging systems that require a nightly backwash, our systems do not need backwashing everyday.
Best Quality. Lowest Prices Online. We will beat any advertised price.
|Questions? Talk to one our WQA Certified Water Specialists at 888-600-5426 or use our Fast System Selector Form and get a quick response.
|How Do Pro-OX Iron Filters Work?|
|Frequently Asked Questions About Iron Filters
- 10 year Warranty on the filter tanks. All tanks are NSF Certified & top quality.
- 7 Year Warranty on the control valve. Made in the U.S.A.
- 90 Day money-back guarantee!
Who Makes the CWS 5900e Control Valve?
Our valves are made for us by Chandler Water Systems of Ashland Ohio. For years now, we have had good results with these valves and very few warranty or other problems. We get positive feedback from our customers and they work well.
Chandler has been around for many years and has great engineering. The valves are assembled in Ohio, and the electronic boards are manufactured in the U.S. Each valves is wet-tested, pressure tested and double-checked for quality control.
DOWNLOAD INSTALLATION GUIDE!
Customer Ratings & Reviews