- SPECIALS! SAVE BIG $$ On New and Refurbished Softeners & Filter Systems
- Diagrams & Schematics
- Gifts & Offers Page
- Popular Systems
- City Water Systems
- Well Water Systems
- Acid Neutralizer Filters
- Arsenic Filters
- Bacteria Disinfection
- Carbon Backwash Filters
- Carbon Whole House Cartridge Filters
- Well Water Chlorination Systems
- Filters & Strainers
- Hydrogen Peroxide Well Water Systems
- Irrigation Rust Prevention
- Iron & Manganese Filters
- Pro-OX 5900-AIR Iron Filters
- Pro-OX Iron Filters
- Greensand Iron Filters
- Pro-Ox 9510 Commercial Iron Filters
- Metering Pumps & Parts
- Nitrate Filters
- Odor Systems
- Ozone Systems
- Phosphate Crystal Feeders
- RO High Flow
- RO Under-Sink
- Sediment Backwash Filters
- Soda Ash Systems
- Salt-Free Softeners Scale Stoppers
- Tannin Filters
- Ultraviolet Sterilizers
- Ultra Filtration Systems
- Books On Well Water Treatment
- Drinking Water Systems
- Replacement Parts and Valves
- Filter Tanks & Housings
- Filter Cartridges
- Travel & Emergency Purifiers
- Water Testing
- Commercial Systems
- Water Quality Programs
- Water Treatment Systems
- Filter Media, Chemicals & Supplies
Air Charger Iron Filter Pro-OX 5900e 948
Satisfaction Guaranteed! Free Shipping in Continental U.S.
Choose your options:DOWNLOAD INSTALLATION GUIDE!
Download Specification Sheet
Add Drain Line Tubing:
Questions? Get a Fast Answer to your water treatment problems, click here!
|Model||Number of Bathrooms in Home||Maximum Flow Rate (Gallons Per Minute)||Backwash Flow Rate (Gallons Per Minute)*||Dimensions|
|844||1 - 2||10 GPM||5 GPM||Diameter: 8" Height: 51"|
|948||1 - 2||12 GPM||7 GPM||Diameter: 9" Height: 55"|
|1054||2 - 4||14 GPM||10 GPM||Diameter: 10" Height: 61"|
|1252||2 - 4||18 GPM||12 GPM||Diamter: 12" Height: 59"|
- The Pro-OX 5900-AIR Air Injection Oxidizing Filter, is a single tank, efficient and cost effective system for the removal of iron, hydrogen sulfide and sulfur.
- The Pro-OX 5900-AIR maintains an air pocket in the top of the tank while the system is in service.
- Unique 5900 Control Valve allows the air pocket to be replenished each night, WITHOUT having the iron filter go thorugh a complete backwash.
- Other Air-Charger Iron Filters must go through a complete backwash each night, in order to replenish the air, wasting thousands of gallons of water each year. The 5900-AIR saves water by being able to draw in air only, independent of the backwash.
- No potassium permanganate, or chemicals required, although unlike other iron filters, the Pro-OX 5900-AIR can be used with chlorinated water.
- Easily removes up to 5 PPM of iron, 0.3 PPM of manganese and 5 PPM of hydrogen sulfide. However for levels higher than this, pre-chlorination with a contact tank is needed.
- As the water passes thru the air pocket, iron, hydrogen sulfide and sulfur are oxidized.
- Dissolved oxygen is added to the water, helping to neutralize acidic water pH and balance the water. For acidic water with less than 6.9 pH we recommend the optional Calcite Blend Series systems.
- The Pro-OX solid manganese dioxide filter media bed then removes the iron and sulfur from the water.
- The backwash will remove accumulated iron and replenish the filter media bed, no filter cartridges to change!
- The Pro-OX 5900 AIR system comes equipped with a 5900 air injection control head that automatically backwashes the system to clean the media and flush rust and sediment down the drain.
- By utilizing a patented process in the control valve, the Pro-OX 5900 AIR is able to put the whole oxidation process inside one tank, keeping maintenance costs and down time to a minimum.
- The systems includes a 1" pipe size by-pass valve (for 3/4" pipes, easily reduces to 3/4" using 1" x 3/4" adapter),
- Tank is NSF certified heavy-duty polyglass mineral tank
- All necessary filter media and gravel support bed for individual application is included.
- Optional "Calcite Blend Series" (12 and 14 GPM models only)for water low in pH (less than 6.9). Calcite Blend Series systems feature 1/3 calcite media to 2/3 Pro-OX media. It includes a natural almond-color tank with top-fill plug to make it easy to add more calcite every 6 to 12 months.
- * Make sure your well pump can pump at least this flow rate in order for the filter to work properly. It is EASY to find out, click here for simple steps.
- What model size to get? For most customers the 948 size works best, but if you know your well pump flow rate can produce 10 gallons per minute (10 GPM) then you can use the larger 1054 model.
- If you have a larger home and more persons in the home, but do not have 12 gallons per minute (12 GPM) available, you can use two 948 systems in parallel.
- If you have 1 -2 persons and lower demand, the 844 model works fine.
- Most well pumps can pump at least 7 GPM, and the 948 model works great for most homes with 2 - 4 persons and 1 - 3 bathrooms. Contact us if you have any questions regarding sizing.
- Excellent product and affordable. After doing extensive research for the correct house hold filtering system,I chose to do business with the clean water store. The customer service was great,shipping was fast and most of all the Pro ox 5900s air system is working great. Product knowledge is very good with lots of how to videos on this product as well. Thanks again! - Steve
- We have had great water from the moment after it ran its first cycle. This water is better than ANYTIME before and we have been in our new house for 16+ years. I only wish we would have used your system sooner. The filter we had been using (which we had installed new about 5 years ago) didn't come close to the clear water we have now. Read More...
- I installed the system according to the instructions, everything was clear and went well. After putting it in operation, within a few days the odor of my well water coming out of the faucet improved, now it no longer has any bad smell to it! Read More...
- We received everything just like he said, and my husband was able to connect with a little effort. It's been about a month & our water is better than ever. Read More...
- 10 year Warranty on the filter tanks. All tanks are NSF Certified & top quality.
- 7 Year Warranty on the control valve. Made in the U.S.A.
- 90 Day money-back guarantee!
Customer Ratings & Reviews