Birm 1 Cu. Ft. Box
$203.00 List Price
- Birm ( 45.25 lbs) 1 Cu. Ft. Box: Birm is an efficient and economical method of removing dissolved iron and manganese compounds from raw water sup-plies.
- It may be used in either gravity fed or pressur izedwater treatment systems.
- Birm acts as an insoluble catalyst to enhance the reaction between dissolved oxygen (D.O.)and the iron compounds.
- In ground waters, the dissolved iron is usually in the ferrous bicarbonate state due to an excess of free carbon dioxide and is not filterable.
- Birm, acting as a catalyst between the oxygen and the soluble ironcom pounds, enhances the oxidation reaction of Fe++to Fe+++ and produces ferric hydroxide which precipitates and may be easily filtered.
- The physical characteristics of Birm provide an excellent filter media which is easily cleaned by backwashing to remove the precipitant.
- Birm is not consumed in the iron removal and therefore offers a tremendous economic advantage over many other iron removal methods.
- Birm may also be used for manganese removal with the same dependability as iron removal but the water must be treated to have a pH of 8.0 to 9.0 for the best results.
- If the water also contains iron, the pH should be below 8.5 High pH conditions may cause the formation of colloidal iron which is very difficult to filter out.
- All other conditions remain the same for either manganese or ironremoval.
- BirmAdvantages: Under the proper conditions, no chemicals to purchase for maintenance.
- Regeneration not required.
- Iron removal efficiency is extremely high.
- Durable material with a long life and wide temperature range.
- Weighs only 46-50 lb./cubic foot.Physical Properties: Color - Black Density - 47-50 lbs./cu. ft.
- Effective Size - 0.61 mm Uniformity Coefficient - 1.72
Manufacturer: Clack Corporation
Manufacturer #: A8006