Refurbished Pro-OX Air Charger Iron Filter 5900e 948
$1,783.00 List Price
|Model||Number of Bathrooms in Home||Maximum Flow Rate (Gallons Per Minute)||Backwash Flow Rate (Gallons Per Minute)||Dimensions|
|844||1 - 2||10 GPM||5 GPM||Diameter: 8" Height: 51"|
|948||1 - 2||12 GPM||7 GPM||Diameter: 9" Height: 55"|
|1054||2 - 5||14 GPM||10 GPM||Diameter: 10" Height: 61"|
- New Pro-OX filter media, New Control Valve, Slightly Used Tank with full warranty. Regular Price for new $1149
- The Pro-OX 5900-AIR Air Injection Oxidizing Filter, is a single tank, efficient and cost effective system for the removal of iron, hydrogen sulfide and sulfur.
- The Pro-OX 5900-AIR maintains an air pocket in the top of the tank while the system is in service.
- Unique 5900 Control Valve allows the air pocket to be replenished each night, WITHOUT having the iron filter go thorugh a complete backwash.
- Other Air-Charger Iron Filters must go through a complete backwash each night, in order to replenish the air, wasting thousands of gallons of water each year. The 5900-AIR saves water by being able to draw in air only, independent of the backwash.
- No potassium permanganate, or chemicals required, although unlike other iron filters, the Pro-OX 5900-AIR can be used with chlorinated water.
- Easily removes up to 10 PPM of iron, 0.2 PPM of manganese and 5 PPM of hydrogen sulfide. However for levels higher than this, pre-chlorination with a contact tank is needed.
- As the water passes thru the air pocket, iron, hydrogen sulfide and sulfur are oxidized.
- Dissolved oxygen is added to the water, helping to neutralize acidic water pH and balance the water. For acidic water with less than 6.9 pH we recommend the optional Calcite Blend Series systems.
- The Pro-OX solid manganese dioxide filter media bed then removes the iron and sulfur from the water.
- The backwash will remove accumulated iron and replenish the filter media bed, no filter cartridges to change!
- The Pro-OX 5900 AIR system comes equipped with a 5900 air injection control head that automatically backwashes the system to clean the media and flush rust and sediment down the drain.
- By utilizing a patented process in the control valve, the Pro-OX 5900 AIR is able to put the whole oxidation process inside one tank, keeping maintenance costs and down time to a minimum.
- The systems includes a 1" pipe size by-pass valve (for 3/4" pipes, easily reduces to 3/4" using 1" x 3/4" adapter),
- Tank is NSF certified heavy-duty polyglass mineral tank
- All necessary filter media and gravel support bed for individual application is included.
- Optional "Calcite Blend Series" (12 and 14 GPM models only)for water low in pH (less than 6.9). Calcite Blend Series systems feature 1/3 calcite media to 2/3 Pro-OX media. It includes a natural almond-color tank with top-fill plug to make it easy to add more calcite every 6 to 12 months.
- We have had great water from the moment after it ran its first cycle. This water is better than ANYTIME before and we have been in our new house for 16+ years. I only wish we would have used your system sooner. The filter we had been using (which we had installed new about 5 years ago) didn't come close to the clear water we have now. Read More...
- I installed the system according to the instructions, everything was clear and went well. After putting it in operation, within a few days the odor of my well water coming out of the faucet improved, now it no longer has any bad smell to it! Read More...
- We recieved everything just like he said, and my husband was able to connect with a little effort. It's been about a month & our water is better than ever. Read More...