Pro-OX Iron Filter 5900-BT 1.0 CF Short 13x30
Pro-OX Iron Filters for Well Water Eliminate Iron, Manganese and Sediment
- Pro-OX 5900-BT Iron Filters are the longest lasting and most powerful system for removing iron, rust and sediment from well water.
- Contains a unique blend of high-purity manganese dioxide (Pro-OX) and naturally mined Zeolite for filtration down to 3 microns for maximum filtration and iron removal.
- Pro-OX Filters include: pipe connectors; by-pass valve; filter gravel, Pro-OX Manganese Dioxide Certified filter media; Zeolite Turbidity Filter media, filter gravel, filter tank; heavy-duty automatic backwash control valve.
- Reliable heavy-duty 5900-BT control valve is easier to program than other valves and features a built-in flow sensor that tracks water usage and monitors flow.
- Backwash Flow Rate and Quantity: uses 50 - 100 gallons of backwash water 1 to 3 times a week depending on water use. Safe for septic tanks.
- Easily removes up to 5 PPM iron and 0.5 PPM manganese but can be combined with pre-chlorination, peroxide,aeration or ozone for much higher removal rates.
- For best removal rates chlorine injection, peroxide, or air injection may be required before iron filter.
- Iron bacteria, hydrogen sulfide and tannins can also be removed with pre-chlorination.
- Pro-OX media utilizes an oxidation-reduction reaction and filtration process similar to Greensand, but at a much higher level of performance. It works much better than other solid manganese dioxide iron-filter media due to its higher purity and porosity.
- Pro-OX Manganese Dioxide contains greater than 80% manganese dioxide in an extremely unique cluster format for enhanced performance and maximized capacity.
- Pro-OX Manganese Dioxide generally works better than Greensand or Birm, due to its high purity, superior oxidation/filtration ability. Unlike coated iron filter media such as Greensand or Birm or MTM, Pro-OX lasts for many years and doesn't have a coating to wear off or deteriorate like other iron filter media.
- Note that in some waters aeration, hydrogen peroxide injection or chlorination is used before the iron filter to increase removal rates of iron, manganese and hydrogen sulfide.
- Filter tank is certified one piece seamless polyester construction for long life.
- Max pressure recommended is 100 psi.
- Maximum water temperature recommended 100F.
- Time-tested hydraulically balanced piston seal and spacers provide years of trouble-free service.
- Non-corrosive high-tech material construction.
- 5900-BT heavy duty Blue Tooth enabled backwash control valve features fully adjustable backwash and rinse cycles, saving water and allowing maximized performance.
- Monitor flow rates, history of water usage and settings from your smart phone if desired.
- Voltage 110v-230V Power Adapter. Control valve 12VDC. Uses less than 20 watts of power.
- Weather & Insect Control Valve Cover Included.
- User friendly LCD display, showing time of day, regeneration mode, and gallons remaining
- Legacy View Bluetooth enabled 5900-BT Electronic Control Valve for advanced water usage & flow monitoring from your smart phone!
- Pro-OX certified iron filter media
- Heavy-Duty 5900-BT control valve
- certified filter tank
Weight: 162.00 lbs
|Model||Number of Bathrooms in Home||Flow Rate||Backwash Flow Rate||Dimensions|
|0.75 CF||1 - 2||8 GPM||5 GPM||Diameter: 8" Height: 51.5"|
|1.0 CF||1 - 2||10 GPM||7 GPM||Diameter: 9" Height: 55.5"|
|1.5 CF||1 - 2||12 GPM||10 GPM||Diameter: 10" Height: 61.5"|
|2.0 CF||2 - 3||14 GPM||12 GPM||Diameter: 12" Height: 59.5"|
|1.0 CF (Short)||1 - 2||10 GPM||8 GPM||Diameter: 13" Height: 38"|
Flow Rate: Refers to maximum recommended Gallons Per Minute ("GPM") which means how fast the water is flowing. The 1.5 CF model works best for most homes (such as 2 -3 bathroom homes with 2 - 6 persons). However for homes with 2 - 4 persons, the 0.75 or 1.0 CF models work great. Higher flow rates are possible through these systems, this is just meant as a guide or suggested use.
"CF" refers to the amount of filter media blend in cubic feet. A 1.5 CF has 1.5 cubic feet of Pro-OX iron filter media (Pro-OX, Zeolite and filter gravel).
Have Questions? Call 888-600-5426 and speak to one of our certified water treatment technicians for technical help or if you have questions about sizing or flow rates.
Removal Rate: Removes up to 5 PPM iron, .5 PPM manganese, much higher removal rates possible with pre-chlorination or pre-aeration.
Iron levels over 5 PPM, or when manganese or other conditions such low pH, high levels of sulfur odor or iron bacteria or tannins, please note that additional treatment such as chlorine, peroxide, or aeration may be needed.
Manganese removal: when manganese is present, we recommend a chlorine feed. A chlorine feed with a contact/retention tank allowing 30 seconds of time after the chlorine has been injected, followed by the Pro-OX filter systems does a GREAT job on removing manganese. A carbon filter can be used after the Pro-OX system to remove any residual chlorine, so you get all the benefits of chlorination without having any chlorine in the house water.
Hydrogen Sulfide Rotten Egg: if hydrogen sulfide is present and the water also contains iron, we recommend an Air-Charger Pro-OX system. If the hydrogen sulfide levels are over 5 PPM, we recommend a chlorine feed, and/or aeration prior to the Pro-OX system. Please contact us for more information if you need assistance.
- 10 year Warranty on the filter tanks. All tanks are Certified & top quality.
- 7 Year Warranty on the control valve. Made in the U.S.A.
- 90 Day money-back guarantee!
- See our Return Policy Here
- 90 DAY NO-HASSLE RETURN GUARANTEE.
- Try it, and if you are not 100% satisfied, return for your money back, less shipping costs.
- Easy to Install. Complete Instructions included.
- Install yourself or hire a handyman.
- Anyone familiar with basic plumbing can easily install system.
- User friendly LCD display and simplified controls.
- Legacy View Bluetooth enabled 5900-BT Electronic Control Valve for advanced water usage & flow monitoring
- Optional Legacy View App available for Android or Iphones, makes it easy to monitor from your smart phone if desired.
- 10 Year Warranty on Filter Tank
- 7 Year Warranty on Control Valve
- We are here to help. Any questions? Email us at [email protected] or call us.