Pro-OX AIR Side Injection Iron Filters
Pro-OX-AIR Side-Kick Iron Filter Removes Iron, Manganese, Odor and Sediment without Chemicals!
- The Pro-OX 5900-BT-SIDE AIR Air Injection Oxidizing Filter, is a single tank, efficient and cost effective system for the removal of iron, hydrogen sulfide and sulfur.
- This advanced heavy-duty iron filter draws in air through the bottom of the filter media and maintains an air pocket in the top of the tank while the system is in service.
- Unlike other air-charger type iron filters, the unique 5900-BT Control Valve allows the air pocket to be replenished each night, WITHOUT having the iron filter go thorugh a complete backwash.
- Another unique feature is that it draws in air through the bottom, allowing the backwash control valve to go longer in between service than non-side air systems.
- Other Air-Charger Iron Filters must go through a complete backwash each night, in order to replenish the air, wasting thousands of gallons of water each year.
- No potassium permanganate, or chemicals required.
- Easily removes up to 10 PPM of iron, 0.3 PPM of manganese and 5 PPM of hydrogen sulfide. Can remove much higher levels, chlorine side tank or pre-chlorination may be needed depending on water chemistry.
- As the water passes thru the air pocket, iron, hydrogen sulfide and sulfur are oxidized. Accumulated rust and sediment are backwashed out to drain once or twice a week.
- Dissolved oxygen is added to the water, helping to neutralize acidic water pH and balance the water. For acidic water with less than 6.9 pH we recommend the optional Calcite Blend Series systems.
- The systems includes a 1" pipe size by-pass valve (for 3/4" pipes, easily reduces to 3/4" using 1" x 3/4" adapter),
- Tank is NSF certified heavy-duty polyglass mineral tank
- All necessary filter media and gravel support bed for individual application is included.
- What model size to get? The 1.5 CF model works best for more homes, although we also have a 2.0 cubic foot model.
- Backwash flow rate required is 10 gallons per minute. Your well needs to be able to pump at least 10 gallons in one minute for best results.
- Voltage 110v-230V Power Adapter. Control valve 12VDC. Uses less than 20 watts of power.
- Legacy View Bluetooth enabled 5900-BT Electronic Control Valve for advanced water usage & flow monitoring from your smart phone